The Daily Kel

Blog for Kelly Lamrock, M.L.A. for Fredericton-Fort Nashwaak, New Brunswick

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Memorable Campaign Ad

I know this is Canada, but this is neat....

Kirsten Gillibrand is a progressive Democrat running in a Republican district. She is actually competitive with a GOP incumbent who just votes as the Bushies tell him to.

As she closed in, the congressman began attacking her family members.

I think this is one of the most interesting ads I've seen yet. I love the retro feel, and it really hits home. Whatever your politics, you've got to love the creativity.

http://www.gillibrand2006.com/Decency

3 Comments:

  • At October 04, 2006 6:33 PM, Blogger Harrap said…

    Agreed, I really liked that ad too. Thanks for posting it.

    I was looking at Gillibrand's site, she seems like a really good candidate, I hope she gets elected, juding from the latest polls, it looks like she stands a strong chance.

     
  • At October 05, 2006 8:37 AM, Anonymous rob c said…

    i'm a Canadian finishing my last year of graduate school in America now. daily we talk about this upcoming American election. We talked about this race too. I agree, Gillibrand is an impressive candidate. It's too bad she is in a district that favours the Republicans.

    On the bright side, it looks like the Democrats will take back at least the House of Representatives. In my opinion, the Democrats are finally moving away from being Republican-lite and espousing a distinct idealogical message of their own.

    The Iraq war allowed Democrats to begin defining themselves better and building a stronger more liberal grassroots through the blogging realm.

    The 2006 American elections will be interesting. We can only hope it is the start of a changing political tide in America.

     
  • At October 07, 2006 9:01 PM, Blogger Harrap said…

    I agree Rob C, it looks like there will be a backlash against the Republicans and even conservative Democrats such as Lieberman.

    The Democrats finally stand for something - and are delivering a bolder agenda -- the progressive wing of the party has more sway now.

    On John Edwards' video blog, I saw an interesting entry where he asserts that the Democrats need a more defined agenda. Edwards seems to be gunning more towards the Progressive wing of the Democratic Party.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home