The Daily Kel

Blog for Kelly Lamrock, M.L.A. for Fredericton-Fort Nashwaak, New Brunswick

Monday, October 23, 2006

Back To Blogging

OK, take a breath..... you can do it.

I'm back at this. It's been a whirlwind three weeks since getting the call from the Premier. You work so hard to know your files, write bills, propose ideas, push ministers, knock on doors, change minds, sell change.

And then, one day, you're the Minister of Education. It will not last forever. You are expendable. One day, you will be expended. So, you had better make every day precious. Don't just deal with whatever comes up. Don't play it safe. Use your political capital for change.

Suddenly, every minute you're wondering if maybe you could have done something more with it. Meanwhile, there are so many more little brush fires, small issues - but urgent to the person talking to you -- that you have to balance with why you are here.

I'm back to blogging because I want every avenue I can take for people to keep in touch with me. Sometimes the department seems so big that I worry about feeling distant from the community I represent.

So, I'm blogging. Let me know your thoughts. And thank you so much for the opportunity to do this job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home