The Daily Kel

Blog for Kelly Lamrock, M.L.A. for Fredericton-Fort Nashwaak, New Brunswick

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Route 8!!!

There it is.

Shawn announced that the full Route 8 Bypass would be fundedand built in our very first capital budget.

Built.

Not announced. Not studied. Not appropriation. Not brush clearing -- I swear the Tories must need a silviculture programme just to grow enough brush to clear every year so they don't have to actually build the road.

Built.

Pavement, not promises.

I loved Larry Jewett's signs regarding Kirk MacDonald's deathbed promise of $110Million for Route 8.

$110 Million promise PLUS 110 Million excuses EQUALS No Action on Rte. 8

For the government who has changed the route four times, announced the Bypass five times, voted it out of the budget three times, and in general offered Marysvillers all help sort of an actual road -- that seems fitting.

Now, we know what getting the road "resolved" should mean. We will build it. Now.

Just to be clear, if we're in government and we do not build this road, I won't run again.

That sound you hear is the sound of Tories eagerly hitting the "Copy" function on the keyboard. But I mean it. I don't want to be another politician who played games with people's lives in Marysville.

And because Shawn Graham listened, I don't think I will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home