The Daily Kel

Blog for Kelly Lamrock, M.L.A. for Fredericton-Fort Nashwaak, New Brunswick

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

OK, I'll Defend Jobs Starting Now ... No, Now ... OK, Well, Now!!

My opponent has sent out an attack ad about me. My first personal attack ad! It's a big moment.

She's trying to revive the issue that Shawn Graham will actually allow 19 people who run the energy projects in Saint John to (gasp) work at the energy projects they run. This is apparently remarkable.

Using her logic, every government employee must be in Fredericton or its a "lost job". I am not immediately sure how it will help to have the ifeguards at Parlee Beach, the instructors at Campellton Community College, or the safety inspectors at Point Lepreau relocated to Fredericton, but, hey, I admire her pluck.

Let's assume for a moment, that my opponent really cares about the 19 jobs. Maybe she sent this piece out attacking me because she has suddenly decided she can be silent no longer.

In it, she says that she will defend "every single Fredericton job".

Cool.

Since my opponent is, she claims, a "founding member of the local Progressive Conservative riding association", I'm sure she has always been vocal in her party for Fredericton jobs.

So, here's a challenge. A shiny penny to the first Tory who can produce a public quote, or private correspondence, from my opponent opposing any of the following....

-- the cutting of 32 teaching positions from Fredericton schools

-- the cutting of 95 employees of the Department of Education, including the art and music education co-ordinators

-- the cutting of over 100 health care related jobs, including those working in public health clinics

- the privatization plan of NB Power which would allow for the loss of hundreds of Fredericton jobs

-- the elimination of 80% of the jobs at the Department of Agriculture

--Jeannot Volpe's plan to move 50 Departmnent of Finance jobs to Edmundston


Or maybe she meant she would defend every Fredericton job .... starting now. Or, well, you know, defending the jobs that her party lets her defend. Or, maybe....well, never mind.

1 Comments:

  • At September 14, 2006 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kelly

    Congratulations on your first attack ad. Nothing makes me any angrier than personal attacks. Attack the party fine, just leave the candidates alone. Some people just don't realize how difficult it is to be an MLA. It is a 24/7 job, and your family suffers.

    Great job on your blog. You are an honest person, even if you are Liberal. (lol)

    I am one of the many card carrying tories who voted Liberal this time along with my family and friends.

    Good luck on Monday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home